All I have are some random musings. I apologize for their incompleteness.
--> One minute I'm holding her, and I find myself fighting off a wish to have someplace to GO tonight. Thirty minutes later I am laying her down to sleep, wishing it wasn't bedtime yet. What is UP with me? Why do I have these terrible mixed feelings?
--> So I started reading Vicky Iovine's book "The Girlfriends Guide to Motherhood: The First Year" and I think I might be reading it about 6 months too late. It's totally mostly about "surviving the first month" with the new baby and obviously, we are WELL past that point. What I really need is "How to make it from month four through twelve". I mean, who's got time to read a BOOK when you have a brand new baby??
--> And I'm starting to get the impression that I might actually BE one of the Breastfeeding Nazis. I don't know, I guess when all the books and doctors and nurses said your should breastfeed for a full year, I just took their word for it. I am astounded that so many people give up so quickly. I mean, I know it's not easy, or convenient, to keep nursing after a few months, but I guess I think it's worth it. I mean, I'm not certain how much longer I'll be able to nurse (working and being in the show are certainly taking their toll on my supply)... but I want to try, and it sure would help to have an ally or two.
Anyway, as I said, just rambling.
Come see
A Chorus Line!
www.bloomingtoncivictheatre.org
A tribute to the costumes:
http://www.beatgreets.com/view.pd?i=187180001&m=1387&rr=y&source=bgeg999
2 comments:
Nurse! Nurse, I tell you! :) Nurse for at _least_ six months, although I've heard even a year (and from some militant mothers--TWO!). There's been soooo much research that shows just how important it is. If nothing else, just for the bonding time alone. But nutritionally, there's just nothing better out there for babies.
And hey, how was the show?!
Omigosh, somebody commented! I am astounded. :) Hey Al!! Thanks for the note!! Actually breastfeeding has been going MUCH better for the last couple weeks. She hardly ever fights me anymore -- now she just grabs anything she can, including but not limited to (in order of most-to-least-terrific): my shirt, my bra strap, my nose, my lower lip, my necklace, and my breast tissue. OWWCH!
And we're closing right in on six months! Going strong with no end in sight. So that's good. In fact we tried to feed her some ground-up carrots last night and she wanted NO part of them. So we'll stick with the one little serving of cereal for now.
Post a Comment