My online journal.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

People are funny

So, I have a banana sitting on my desk. It's not the most beautiful banana in the world; it's probably a day or four past its prime. Reminder: I work in a cube. TWICE today, someone has stopped by my desk and told me how "disgusting" the banana looks. And twice, I have responded, "Hey! You're going to hurt its little banana feelings!"

Now, how often in YOUR life have you gotten to say "little banana feelings"?

Think about THAT. :)

Done? Good. I'm going to take it as a compliment that my co-workers feel comfortable enough with me to openly criticize my food.

It's turning into a good day today, despite itself.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

little banana feelings...

now, I say goofy things to my students, but that is awesome!

I like the polls...when I decide my family can handle comments again, I might have to copy you and post one or two!

Tarun Jacob said...

I've never said litlle banana fellings ever!, I guess I'll be more careful in the future! Loads of people bring me banana's nowadays and I'm becoming a picky eater - hurting all the other banana's feelings! ha! ha!