OK, listen up people, I do NOT write poetry, as a rule. But I wrote this a while ago, and I just found it, and I really like it so I wanted to share it.
Frosted Donettes
by Meg Gronau
I cannot think of a snack less lovely
Fake plastic frosting
Hardly passes for chocolate
Fake yellow cake
A half-step up from the kitchen sponge
My husband uses to wash the dishes
While I am at practice
Or book club
Or working late
Or shopping
He bought me a package of Frosted Donettes
Printed “August 08” – is that the 8th day of August
Or August 2008? I wonder
He says he was thinking of me
I cannot think of a snack more lovely
My online journal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is soooo sweeeet! Your poetry rocked, as I remember...your alternate song lyrics, too....I know I have some somewhere, I'll have to dig them up....
Post a Comment