My online journal.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Now that Miss Lu is sitting up by herself, playtime is getting much more fun! She will sit for hours on the floor, completely absorbed in her toys and the magic of gravity. It's amazing how the simplest toys are the ones she gets the most joy out of. We have a set of eight "stacking cups" that nestle into each other, but for some reason that tidy little pyramid of organization is intolerable to the 8-month-old mind. Lu takes one look at the neatly-stacked set and, very deliberately (and in one swift motion), lifts them off one or two at a time and throws them aside. And then moves on to something else, until she notices that you have re-stacked them... and then she methodically destroys the stack again.

We went to see the new Star Wars movie over the weekend (thumbs up!). The instant Yoda appeared on screen, though, I thought "WELL! We know what Lucy's going to be for Halloween!" I heard Joel snickering, so I leaned over and he whispered "It's Lucy!" Great minds... Unfortunately I spent the next 10 minutes trying to figure out what I was going to make the ears out of and I missed some plot points. But the movie was still good.

No comments: