Just got back from my 26-week glucose screen (where they check for gestational diabetes). I passed... but barely. I got a 136, and 140 is the danger-zone cutoff. I can't believe it! I was, like, at 72 with Lucy. Dang! What did I do? Where did I go wrong?
Obviously, I'm not going to stress about it... but geez. I wonder if this has anything to do with the large amounts of Halloween candy I've been eating. I feel like a failure! Cripes.
My online journal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, Pshaw! You passed, silly goose - be thankful! You're such an overachiever :)
When I did mine the nurse did the preliminary test with the litmus paper, and she was like, "Wow, nothing shows up at all on this--your body must be really good at processing sugar!" To which Dan quipped, "That's because it gets so much practice." I was at 50, which is close to the uh-oh-too-low zone, and since Mom was diagnosed with hypoglycemia recently, it would make sense that I'd be tending towards that same issue. I really, really need to be more careful with my sugar intake. (Said while dreaming of the box of Little Debbie Nutty Bars in the pantry.)
Post a Comment