My online journal.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

One ultrasound more -- 24 weeks

Hi gang.
Had another U/S this morning to check on that placenta of mine. (Or rather, of Gus's.) It has moved (and the tech actually said that "moved," AKA "migrated" is a misnomer, since it's really attached to the side of the uterus, and the uterus just grows (like a balloon blowing up) so that's why it looks like it's moving) a whole nother centimeter away from the cervix. The doctor says it's probably fine, and explained that the "PR" is still in effect but that it doesn't have to be quite as, erm, restrictive as we thought... um, that's too much detail. Anyway.
Everything else looked fine -- Gus was moving around in there and that's that.

Big sister, however, has been a BEAR. Maybe it was too early to think about taking the nuk away -- oi she's been a very large handful the last couple of days. My friend Nikki told me that when you have 2 kids, taking it "one day at a time" is impossible and you just take it "one minute at a time." I guess she's got a point -- I should just worry about the kids being clothed and fed and safe and let everything else just go by the wayside.

I have another headache. I NEVER had headaches with Lucy. If Gus isn't a boy she's going to have a lot of 'splainin' to do.

7 comments:

CarolSue said...

Yahoo! Whew. The East Side breathes easier without another ticking time bomb roaming it's streets. :) If ya know what I mean. Enjoy the rest of your second trimester.

Rebecca said...

Good news! Enjoy being 24 weeks!

Rebecca said...

What else has been different about this one? (Besides the headaches...) I have yet to make a prediction because SOME people probably have WAY MORE info than those of us who life a bit further away! :)

Unknown said...

Becky, I will email you that info. I don't think the whole world (including, apparently, Bart from the Netherlands!?!?) wants to hear about my bodily functions.

Oops, they just did.

Anonymous said...

so, how was the gentle love making last night?

seriously though, exactly how many centimeters off your cervix is your placenta?

Unknown said...

PEG!!! My PARENTS read this, you silly girl!!!

Placenta was about 1 cm off the cervix, 4 weeks ago. As of yesterday it was 2.5 cm away. The doc said that was practically normal but just made her want to keep an eye on it. Insert weird mental image of doctor's eyeball on my cervix here:

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

You said you're getting headaches this time around and it had better be a boy. Well, a friend of mine just had her baby this past Tuesday, and her pregnancy was completely different from her first--sick almost the whole time, major back pain issues, totally different weight gain and weight distribution, the whole ball o' wax. Her first was a girl and she was convinced this would be a boy. Not so! Talk about a shocker. We were all convinced it was a boy, too. So who knows...