It's a... baby!

We were strong and decided not to find out Gus's sex, though the tech said "oh, yeah" when we asked if SHE could see the gender. Stinker! My clinic got a brand-spankin'-new ultrasound machine with 3D, so we got some really cool pictures.
My placenta is lying a bit low, so I'll have to go in for another ultrasound in 4 weeks to make sure I'm not at risk for placenta previa. The tech was very upbeat and said everything looked great BUT, of course, the doctor will look at the pix and make the ultimate determination whether there's any cause for concern with anything.
I don't think I'll be able to scan in the photos but I will have them with me, so if you want to see them, just ask! :)
Our crazy week is 1/2 over! The real estate guy cancelled on Monday, we completed our estate-planning stuff yesterday (followed by a simply delightful lunch of soup, tea and a scone at Sweet William & Tea downtown St. Paul; I highly recommend the place), and we had Mandy and Shawn over for a lovely dinner last night, which was punctuated by a SUPER ROCKIN' thunderstorm that knocked out our power for several hours.
So! We just have to get my dad in town, play some volleyball, and get to the Wuertz/Christopherson wedding on time, and get my mom in town, and get to St. Cloud on time and heck! It'll be next week already. :)
5 comments:
Yea! Can't WAIT to see the 3-D ultrasound pix. You're having a boy. I just know it. Just like I knew it last time, right?! :)
Umm....I can't figure out that first picture...clarification?
OK the first one is a profile of its head. You can see the face on the left -- it's kind of "kissing" the side wall. You can see eye sockets, the nose, and mouth.
The second photo is the entire right leg of the babe, from foot on the upper-left corner dwn to baby butt on the right side.
meg, that picture really looks like you are carrying three babies and they are all kissing each other. no, really. listen. on the right is an upsidedown view (baby #1) of the face straight on and in the middle is a rightside up picture of the face (baby #2) and then to the left of that is a profile of baby #3's face. well, simply an observation by an untrained ulrtasound professional... and you sure know about those untrained people who try to read something they know so minimal about, right? does that NP know yet that you are indeed pregnant with a fetus and not a blighted ovum or whatever she said it was?
Oh yes I agree with Peg, definitely kissing babies! I see it now! Oh, wait, you only have one in there...
Post a Comment