My online journal.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Caramba! It's the Samba.

OK it's Monday. I start teaching my swing and latin dance classes tonight down at the Dayton's Bluff rec center. Once again, I get myself committed to these things and I have to follow through and I live to regret it.
I had a dream last night that the latin class was cancelled but replaced by tennis. And I still had to teach it. And I remember thinking "well, it's a good thing everybody had to bring a partner!" And I also remember thinking "I'm a lousy tennis player but I can probably come up with something to work on for the next eight weeks. Keep your wrist straight!" I have no idea.
So I'm working on my "syllabus" today at work. I think I've only got two or three couples in each class -- what a bargain for them! $30 for eight weeks of essentially private lessons. Not too shabby. I am REALLY hoping I have enough material to teach them. I hope they're bad. :)

Alley Joel and Cara's wedding on Friday was really, really beautiful and nice. Joel and I gave it high marks overall. We've been to a LOT of weddings, but this was one of the first where I'd known both the bride and groom independently before they got together. Somehow that was especially moving. Joel and I now have to try to remember to feed their fish while the newlyweds are in Acapulco this week -- they might be in trouble.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Meg--you are amazing! I wish I could dance like you...

Lots of Love to all of you!

Unknown said...

IN MY DEFENSE, I have managed to keep both Hobo and Lucy alive thus far. :) Of course, it does help that both of them are able to make noise when they are hungry.

Anonymous said...

i can hardly keep my own schedule straight, and john and i are sooooo busy (both together and apart)! i wonder what i am going to do when that time comes that i am responsible for another human being! kudos to you and your extracurricular activities!

Anonymous said...

i was really wondering is there a pool going for gus? i definitely do not want to miss out!