
I feel like we're rounding a corner with our little miss... I am just not exactly sure what the immediate future brings. Eventually, I suppose, she'll dine on chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese and jell-o like many little American kids today... it's just hard for me to see the transition as it happens. For the trees... or whatever.
We're still having "liquid issues" -- she hurls her bottle or sippy-cup after just a few sips. So we mix the formula with cereal just to get it in her... but we could use some advice on how to get her to take liquids. Oh, right, I was going to call the doctor. Hm. Well, we're working toward people-food too. She really jaws at just about anything we put in her mouth, so we've experimented with cut-up strawberries, pickle bits, and various other whole foods. Last night I threw some of our dinner (surprisingly good "chicken Stove Top florentine") into a blender and spooned it to her -- our first go with a meat product that actually looked like a meat product when it started. Anyway, she gulped it down, green color and grainy texture notwithstanding. She still only has those two bottom teeth, but she manages to smack those gums around enough to get the food down, I guess.
I gave her a pickle slice the other day and while she didn't eat it, she held on to it for a good 20 minutes, clenched in that little fist. Hobo had a bead on it, though, and managed to extremely gingerly remove it from her grip and devour it himself. I was amazed at how gently (yet determinedly!) he took it from her -- I am hoping theirs will be a symbiotic relationship in the future!
2 comments:
Oh, that picture is too cute! Hm, let's see, ways to get her to drink...I've never heard of a kid not wanting a bottle of something...maybe try freezing liquid till it gets slushy and spoon-feeding it to her? Will she drink if you let her try to do it out of a regular cup? Maybe the other kids in daycare have "big kid" cups and she's jealous. :) Or, maybe the ducts on the sippy cup are clogged, or the holes in the bottle nipple are too slow, and she's getting frustrated because liquid isn't coming out fast enough. I think that's all I can think of, sorry! :)
Well, apparently you can't freeze formula. After a couple enlightening conversations with various nurses and experienced mothers, I might try some whole milk, OR have her sip (slllowwwly but still extremely messily, I'm sure) from a regular glass, OR try a more-interesting sippy cup. Rattzafratz!
Post a Comment