So Lucy's been on amoxycillin for a few days now b/c of her bronchitis. She seems to be about a zillion times better -- she's back smiling and making new noises all the time. Anyway, to get the medicine into her mouth with a minimum of spilling, we've been spoon-feeding it to her. She loves the novelty of eating with a spoon, and it's so cute how she opens her mouth so wide with each bite. Usually to feed her, we just sit her in her high chair. We've been using the chair for several months -- the seat reclines way back so she's been able to sit in it since she was very little. Well, recently we've been sitting the chair almost straight-up since she's been getting such good head- and upper-body control. So this morning, she started leaning forward for the spoon! Meaning she's really sitting up, all on her own. This seems like a big milestone to me, because I *think* that once she can sit up, we won't absolutely need a special baby chair any time we want to put her down for a sec.
Also this morning, I was trying to think of a goofy song to sing to Lucy as I was getting ready in the kitchen (so she wouldn't realize I was getting MY stuff ready rather than actually playing with her). And somehow I came up with "If you're gonna play in Texas, you gotta have a fiddle in the band..." well unfortunately those are the only words I know to that song. So I stopped there, and then out of the bathroom comes Joel, booming the next line: "That lead guitar is hot but not for Louisiana man..."
WHAT!?!? Mr. "I Don't Know Any Songs and I HATE Country Music" knows ALL the words to "If you're gonna play in Texas."
Today we're getting rid of the wagon (donating it to, I hope, some reputable charity), which happens to be the car I learned to drive in. Sad.
My online journal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
*lol* Doesn't it just crack you up when your husband totally surprises you with randomness like that? Hilarious. That's so great that Lucy is sitting up! How cute!! Hey--I'm finally, FINALLY sending you her "Christmas" gift tomorrow morning; be sure to let me know when it gets there so I can stop worrying about it getting lost. :)
-Alison
Post a Comment