My online journal.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Grabby-hands Gronau

Hi again. Lucy learned a new trick! She's now grabbing everything within reach of her stubby little arms. You wouldn't imagine that simply picking things up could cause such joy, but think about it -- say your WHOLE LIFE you had no opposable thumbs and could only bat at things... and then one day you learn to close your hand around something -- well, you'd be picking things up right and left, all day long too.

I'm making a bold prediction, by the way: I think she's left-handed. Joel is doing his best to thwart this, possibly because I think he fears it'll be harder to teach her to swing a golf club correctly from the left side since neither of us is a lefty.

Last night we had reservations at White Castle (really!) for Valentine's Day. It was super fun and just perfect. They had tablecloths on the tables, and candles, and waiters all dressed up, taking our orders. Tons of fun. Lucy kept grabbing the sandwich boxes and throwing them on the floor -- she thought it was hilarious. She also held on tight to the mylar-balloon string and stared up at the floating shiny red heart above. It was like magic to her. So it's like magic to us too.

1 comment:

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

I can't wait to have my own little Lucy to be awed by! I love hearing these stories about her. I shudder to think how old she'll be by the time I actually meet her. Kyle's getting married in August and we're doing a Chicago reception on the 20th or 21st of that month...let me know if there's any chance y'all might be out then! I am DYING to see Lucy and you!!!!

So White Castle went formal for Valentine's Day? That's hilarious! Great idea, though. Our Valentine's Day was uneventful; lunch at P.F. Chang's at the mall and then some aimless driving around until we went home. Like most of our days. But we like it that way. :)