I have to admit, raisins and chocolate sounded grody to me. I made a couple changes which I'll explain. The results were SUPER tasty and I will definitely make them again!
The Polar Express Cookie
adapted from the Sun-Maid Raisins box
1/2 cup butter or margarine (I used 1/4 c butter and 1/4 c applesauce)
1 & 2/3 c sugar (I used 1 cup white sugar and 1/3 cup "natural" sugar, thereby reducing the sugar by 20% and adding a really nice texture)
1 Tablespoon (no, really!) vanilla
2 oz (2 squares) unsweetened chocolate, melted
2 c. all-purpose flour (I used 1 cup all-purpose and 1 cup whole-wheat)
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 c. milk
1 cup raisins
powdered sugar
Combine butter, sugar, and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy. Blend in chocolate. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to chocolate mixture alternately with milk. Stir in raisins.
Cover and refrigerate 1 hour until firm. Heat oven to 350. Grease cookie sheets. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar. Bake in upper third of oven, 10-12 minutes; do not overbake!
4 comments:
Sounds like it has potential, although I agree on the chocolate and raisins judgement.
what?! chocolate + raisins = grody?? you crazy. ;)
those sound pretty darn yummy. wish i could try them i have to find some dairy free cookie recipes...
Seriously -- I ate Meg's cookies (probably 12 of them).
There super special fantastic cookies....with raisins.
Hey Meg--I tagged you, come read my blog!
Post a Comment