A funny thing to watch is childless couples visiting your new baby. The women coo and google over the baby, the men mumble about fantasy football... and eventually someone asks the visiting male if he wants to hold the baby.
And then the fun starts.
Most of the couples we know are also young, married within the last few years, and probably planning to have kids eventually. So the woman is always TERRIBLY excited to see what parenting is like, and the guy's not totally opposed to the idea... but...
The look that passes across the man's face is generally something like this:
"CRAP, a baby. I'm so glad it's not mine, sure maybe I'd like one someday, oh no now I'd better show some interest in this little person or my wife will be upset, oh NO just don't ask me to hold it DO I HAVE TO HOLD IT OH MY GOD YOU ARE PUTTING IT IN MY ARMS WHY WHY HELP WHY?!?!?"
It's hilarious.
My online journal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment