Election Day! The plan today was for me to get an early-bird-special oil change for the Corolla, then vote, then hit PetCo, Target, Cub Foods and Babies R Us, and make it home for a nice afternoon nap.
All of this was, of course, thwarted by Miss Pants, who slept from the ending of her 5:30AM feeding until approximately 10 AM. Yay for sleeping for 5 hours, Boo for my errands! Finishing her 10:30 feeding by 11 meant I missed the early-bird, no great shakes due to my irrational fear of Jiffy-Lube. Actually it’s not all that irrational; the guys there are terribly nice while they’re pushing $500 worth of unnecessary services on me. Of course, for all I know they ARE necessary – what the heck do I know about transmission flushing???
I did manage to vote, after spending ½ hour dressing Lucy for cold rain and loading her into the Bjorn – the same half hour, it turns out, in which the weather switched from cold rain to beautiful warm sunshine. Undaunted and very cozy warm, we ventured out in search of the local polling place. We learned that the East Side Rec Center is NOT the same thing as the East Side Community Center, but nevertheless managed to do our civic duty. Setting a good example for the kids right from the start!
Took a nice three-hour nap in the afternoon; Joel got home at 5:30 and decided that we didn’t really need to go to PetCo just tonight. He visited Alley Joel and then went out to vote himself, then retired to the couch, which is where he lays as I type.
I’m starting to get a little stir-crazy; it’s VERY difficult to take walks during the day with both Lucy and the dog, and it’s futile to guilt JG into an evening walk, especially now that it’s dark at 5:30. I get a little cranky without exercise. Also, I’m sure that I’m a bad parent for craving the routine of going to work every day, and I know that I should be grateful for every minute I have at home with the little munchkin, but it’s just difficult for me not to be super-busy all the time.
But golly she sure is beautiful!! She’s smiling a lot these days, and she loves to lie on her back and watch me or Joel make silly faces. She does a lot of grunting and, well, I guess the baby magazines would call it cooing, but it’s really more like barking. Anyway, it’s great fun. If you shake a toy or something above her face, and then move it, she’ll follow it all over with her eyes and head, and she holds up her own head most of the time, though frequently with a wavy bobble.
My online journal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment