OK I caved, and looked up "jodhpurs" and for the record I totally guessed right. But it turns out I misspelled "repetitive." Oops.
Watched the Oscars last night and enjoyed it thoroughly. Before the show, we ate a complete 81st Annual Academy Awards dinner, complete with:
Indian honey-curry baked chicken (a'la Slumdog Millionaire) (Side note: this was delicious and the recipe was super-easy, if anybody wants it) ...
German (a'la The Reader) Hot greens-and-bacon salad...
"Pitt"-ed peaches dolled up to look like ... um... buttons?
OK it was a bit of a stretch, but I knew nobody but me would eat any "button" mushrooms, and there is a total lack of foods named "Benjamin."
"Frost/Nixon" brownies.. the only people who might get this joke were actually at dinner last night, but since that was really only 3 people I'll try to explain. Several years ago the show "Whose Line is it, Anyway?" did a bit on "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?". I'm SURE you can YouTube it. Anyhoo, the multiple-choice answers were something like:
A. B
B. C
C. A
D. Richard Nixon
E. A jar of almonds
Anyway, these brownies had Frost-ing and also some almonds. I promise you, it was equal parts funny and delicious.
And to drink, of course, we had....
Milk!
2 comments:
You are so dang clever!
Here's the youtube clip. Just reading your blog made me wet my pants all over again. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3glTR3UfMw
Post a Comment