Jean was over the other week and we were packing up the kids to go to the grocery store and Lucy asked Jean: "We going to Jeannie's house?"
Jean: "No, Lu, we're not going to my house."
Lucy: "Oh, it's too messy?"
Then yesterday I was walking in the kitchen and I slipped on one of the kids' blankies that was lying on the kitchen floor. "Whoa!" I said as I sort of fell into a chair. "I slipped!"
Lu: "You slipped onna blanket?"
Me: "Yes, I did."
Lu: "It's okay, Mommy. It happens sometimes." (big cheesy grin)
Me: "You're cute, Lucy."
Lu: "Thank you."
My online journal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know Lu is pretty smart, but you don't have to be a genius to know that my house is, indeed, a mess. Now you need to teach her a little discretion. :)
I am just checking my ability to respond.
Post a Comment