My online journal.

Friday, December 03, 2004

Three Months Old!

Yesterday was Lucy's three-month birthday. I can't believe how fast the time has flown. Developmentally, I understand that she's doing just fine. She pretty much holds her own head up all the time now. We've started putting her in the front carrier, facing forward, which she just loves. She's been drooling a lot for the last week, so she may be starting to teethe, though I understand that that first tooth might not crack for three or four more months. She's just learning to grab at things more purposefully too.
We think she's got a touch of acid-reflux; she isn't vomiting but has some ferocious burps and is usually crabby right after feeding (not like her!). She's taking baby Zantac twice a day but I'm not sure it's helping.

Last night was NOT good for mommy; Lucy was up at midnight and again at 2:00. That second waking she had completely drenched her diaper and all four layers of clothes and blankets she was wearing; she then screamed through her entire diaper/costume change and into the feeding. Grrr. So I got about 4.5 hours of sleep. I'm so glad it's Friday.

1 comment:

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

A friend of mine was having that same reflux issue when her baby was born, and it wasn't until she was nearly two that they figured out that she's allergic to a ton of foods--dairy, wheat, eggs, garlic (of all things, can you imagine? and you'd be amazed how many processed/prepackaged foods have garlic in them) and I can't remember what else. Anyway, if the reflux thing continues to be an issue, you might want to talk to Lucy's doctor about a food allergy test. It might be something in your milk (if you're nursing--are you? I can't remember) or in the formula (if that's what you're using) that she's allergic to. The good news is that there's some kind of medication her daughter can now take which will allow her to eat all those things, so it's not like it's the end of the world.