My online journal.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday night

Joel's parents came in last night for a little visit. We sat and laughed and ate popcorn and played cards... some of my very favoritest things. Playing games late into the night always reminds me of my later adolescence. Memories stir of my parents and grandparents and sisters and Aunt Jan, playing cards or Pictionary or Dictionary, squealing with laughter: stomachs aching and faces spasming from grinning.

John and Donna brought Toby, Jamie's little shih-tzu doggie. Sweet little guy... but I just don't do dogs. He poops in the house if you leave him alone for more than 3 hours. We knew this ahead of time and I am thankful that poop is easy to clean off a hard floor... but still. Ugh.

We had a really nice visit with the Gronaus -- I do wish they'd come down more often.

AAAIIIEEEE!! Just found the Les Miz 25th anniversary special on PBS... AGAIN. And it happens to be RIGHT AT THE SPOT I LEFT IT last time it was on. Woohoo! It's been playing one one of our six PBS stations on and off for the last couple of weeks. I never, ever get sick of this show. It's brilliant. And I have a new crush on this Iranian guy (Ramin Karimloo) playing Enjolras. I never make it through "One Day More" without weeping.

Had a dryland roller derby practice this afternoon. "Dryland" just means we're not on skates. In summer we have dryland practices to prep us for skating, but now, in winter, it's when we can't have room to skate at our practice venue, the Roy Wilkins Auditorium. Dryland is very important, and usually awesome, but it's a giant bummer when we don't get to skate, and I think everyone was feeling that. We got to talk with Umpire Strikes Back, the MNRG head ref, and he's wonderful, but of course we'd all much rather actually be skating. We did a tiny bit of sprinting (always my favorite), some "plyo" (I don't really know what that means, but we did a few horrendous wall-sits, a bunch of 8-count burpees, line jumping), and then finished up with about 20 minutes of core (pushups, leg lifts, and every kind of sit-up known to man). It was OK. I miss skating.

YESS! My favorite Javert line: "The law is inside out, the world is upside down!" Uh, OK. One of many, many favorites.

Oh oh oh! And a moment of silence for "Bring Him Home."

Incroyable.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I can't even sing One Day More in my head without tearing up. Even typing this I have goosebumps. And I've heard that song a million times, at least.

Jean said...

I LOVE the new Enjolras! And did you notice that just about everyone in the new cast has awesome dimples?