My online journal.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Saturdy early-afternoon

Trying to buy Twins tickets via the internet... on the first day of public sale. Just. Sitting. I've been in an "electronic line" for 20 minutes without moving. The whole thing is very silly and if I didn't want it to be springtime (and thus baseball season) so badly, I probably would chuck the whole thing.

It's a beautiful Saturday here; sunny and warming up nicely. My teaching spring break is officially over -- I taught ballet/tap for 3-4-year-olds this morning, and in about 5 minutes I'm heading out for a Peter Pan musical theatre class for 3-6-year-olds. On days when I'm in even a halfway decent mood, which really is most days, I just love goofing around with the little ones (and getting paid for it!). This morning's class was great -- we started some new dances, which always rejuvenates a looooong session.

Joel is out puttering in the yard, which is still mostly snow-covered but melting quite well in spots. He moved our brown Christmas tree from the front yard, where it toppled during the warm spell a couple weeks ago, to the fire pit, and he finally unearthed the lightup reindeer from the deck. They did not make it through the rough winter so well -- alas.

No comments: