My online journal.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Flashdance!

For those of you on the moon, I got to be in a flash mob yesterday morning. I stink at posting videos, so here are a couple links.


Supershort clip (but this site will have a fully-edited, "super cool" clip on Monday, so check back: http://www.youtube.com/meetminneapolis

The FULL video (including 2.5 intro minutes of "crowd milling about," featuring me (in orangey pants and a navy Mauer t-shirt, carrying a big red bag) attempting (desperately, unattractively, and in vain), to untuck my undershirt from my underpants. Also you can see me during the dancing:
http://minnesota.publicradio.org/collections/special/columns/news_cut/archive/2010/04/flash_mob_at_the_twins_game.shtml?refid=0

I'm told this one is of better quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDQPPtIS6-0

I'd read about auditions for the flash mob (which were not true auditions -- they took everyone, I believe) online and I went, tried out, and went back for 2 rehearsals, then just showed up on the plaza at Target Field for a quick rehearsal (at 8am Thursday... groan...) and then wandered around for 90 minutes until they started playing the music. I dunno... what else do you want to know? It was crazy fun, I got crazy nervous, and I met a whole bunch of crazy-cool people. Many of whom are working actors here in the Cities, so it was great making some connections.

3 comments:

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

That's so cool. You guys only rehearsed twice!?

Nicole said...

MEG! I LOVE THIS! You were awesome ... how fun!

Nicole - Seattle said...

Meg - you are absolutely adorable in this! I love the expressions you are making!! : )