My online journal.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Some pictures for you... and sneaking in some verses, MUAhahaha...


Lucy in my wedding veil and high school show choir dress.
  


Never, ever does Lucy look more like Joel's sister Julie than when they're crying!
(Here, Lucy is doing so because her "tiger face" was getting washed off before school. Her choice to wash it off -- but she REALLY wanted Daddy to see it.)






He's three!


Ed loves himself some Dollar Store.



 Just a regular ol' Daly day.
 

Working on my Bible study today, I came across Mark 8:38 ("If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes"), which emboldened me and prompted me to share this other verse that really struck me:

John 12:36
"Put your trust in the light while you have it, so that you may become sons of light."
Today reading this, it reminds me of the ups and downs of believing in Jesus. We all have good days and bad days -- good and bad hours and minutes, even! Today, to me, this verse means: Trust and believe when you are moved to do so, during the good, happy times. Go with it, embrace the love of God, and live in that moment. Then some other time, when you are feeling dark and despairing, remember (and lean upon!) that faith you had in that happy moment. It'll buoy you even when your faith is shaken, or when you're not feeling the love you should.

OK and because I'm on a roll:

Galatians 2:21 "If righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"
Such a relief, isn't it? Takes off all that blasted pressure to be a good person.

3 comments:

Carol said...

holy cow. i can't even tell you how many ways i love that picture of all 4 kiddos. that really made me smile - thanks!

The Morrows said...

LOVE the pictures! Good verses, too. :D

Rebecca said...

Meg,
We need to get together more.