My online journal.

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

It's "Gronau" with an "uno"

I KNEW I would forget something.

I forgot, that was going to be my new Lastname Pronunciation Guide. In this ever-shrinking world in which we live in (as Paul McCartney didn't exactly say), most people know how to pronounce "one" in Spanish, right? Well if they do, they can also say Gronau. OK, it's way funner to say it out loud. Go ahead and try it, I won't tell anybody.

Also, Lucy eschewed the Maplewood Community Center day care services (saving me $3!) this afternoon to hang out with me and Joan and the kids in the Ashland Youth Performers. It was really fun to share that time with her. She mostly sat and drew her wonderfully weird little shapes (she's into roads and purses, this week) but then she was singing the songs the whole way home.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I hear ya!
Mine is: McCornack with a NACK not a MICK. The letters don't even match people!

Jean said...

That is SO WEIRD! I thought about "Gronau with an uno" last night and wanted to call and remind you, (but it was too late!)and then this moring I check your blog and WHAM! It's staring me in the face.
...with an UNO...