My online journal.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Mama, sing Joseph songs for me AGAIN.

Omigosh, I'm sure you're like, seriously?!?!? Nothing but Lucy sayings? But it's true, this is all I have to offer you today.

Chapter 1
At lunch today, Lucy threw a fit because she ate all the jelly off her PBJ and then wanted more. Sorry, I said, you've had your jelly ration -- if you're hungry there's plenty of bread and PB left on your plate.

Timeout! During which she had an accident in her room, probably because she was crying so hard.

So I'm mopping it up, and Lu, weeping, asks what I'm doing, and I tell her. And I ask if she'll please remove her own underpants so I can wipe her down and get her changed.

"I'm sorry," she says, between sobs, "You're out of luck."


Chapter the Second
Still at lunch.

"Mommy, your skirt is blue."

Me: "Yes, it is!"

Lucy: "Like my eyes."


Part 3
(This is something she's been saying for a while, but I'm now documenting it.)

I'm handing out strawberries because, my stars and garters, everyone has eaten their respective sandwiches.

Lu: "Mommy, I get two. Because I'm two."


The Grand Finale
Lunch is, at long last, winding down. Lucy is still picking at her food. The naptime negotiations are beginning.

Lu: "I have to sit on the potty... and then I can eat more."

Me: "Orrr... then, you can take a nap.

Lu: "ORRRRRRR... eat."

1 comment:

Madwoman of Preserve Path said...

Oh, my stomach aches from laughing. I love 3-year-olds who aren't mine. Thanks, Lucy. I needed you today.