My online journal.

Monday, August 13, 2007

Johnny Glasses Running!







CONGRATS to El, my favorite baby sister, who ran the Chicago Distance Classic Half Marathon on Sunday, finishing 129th out of 1179 in the women's division, keeping 8.5 minute miles, which is completely amazing, especially considering she was out at the 311 concert until like 2AM the night before.




The action shot, I can't tell if it's the beginning or the end of the race. I recognize the tunnel, but leave it to my parents, on a beautiful day when the entire race is run along the lakeshore, to take one action shot and have it be in a tunnel. :) Just teasin', Mom and Dad, love ya!



Congrats to my other sis Jean on running 15 whole miles this morning. Farthest ever! You rock!




I forgot to post this when Jean ran her half-marathon back in June: I am shocked by how many people don't know that "a marathon" is a specific distance. All marathons are 26.2 miles, and all halves are 13.1 miles. But I guess I didn't realize until like 5 years ago that the Masters golf tournament is always held at Augusta so... you know, to each his own.




S'more photos, these from Joseph:



"Forming banana" in the shop, pre-show


Some wives and Egyptians, and a goat


Jacob, some brothers, and Sydney
"One More Angel"
"Potiphar"

The Go-Go!



Kids are funny, because they don't realize that I want pictures of their costumes and not just pictures of them and their beautiful faces. Hence the missing beards and burqas in the non-candids.
OK, more pix:
Ceili dancing with Lucy at the Irish Fest on Saturday (Our Gaelic names were Mairead and Loiseach, and Joel's and Ed's were Eoil and Eoin, respectiveli)
Ed's new haircut
And...
I got bangs!

4 comments:

Madwoman of Preserve Path said...

Wow, Meg! Like the bangs!

Anonymous said...

Love the bangs, Meg!!!!!

Suds said...

Sorry, I forgot to sign my name~~~~~But I still love your bangs!!!

slskenyon said...

Amazing on the running there--I only wish I had the discipline to develop that ability myself, and I admire those who do.