My online journal.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I dunno, Bon Jovi's okay, but I just can't get that excited.

Monday I ran 4.25 miles in about 41 minutes, around my 'hood. No problems, felt terrific.

I crafted a 6.75-mile jaunt out of my neighborhood today and did it in 1 hour, 4 minutes. I had to walk the second time I hit the Big Hill on the other side of 3rd Street, but other than that 3-minute walk I felt really good!

I'm not really sure where, exactly, to go from here... I plan to keep running at least 4 days a week and I think Jean said I shouldn't go down below 3-ish miles anymore... but I don't really know how much I should increase, and when... and/or what my strategy should be for getting to 10 miles by May 26.

I did end up making a rhubarb pie yesterday (with the first rhubarb harvest of the season from my pathetic excuse for a garden!), and let me tell you, the pie was exceptional, especially warmed up, with a bit of 'nilla ice cream. Let me know if you want the recipe; I made the crust too (it was super easy! Honestly!) and I'm delighted to share.

P.S. After about a week of dry overnight buppers, Lu is wearing underwears to bed tonight. Everyone please cross your fingers (and your legs!) for us.

7 comments:

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

I'm waiting for an explanation of the Bon Jovi reference....

Lisa Anderson said...

I am sure you remember our former Marketing Director, Bob. I asked him how he trained for marathons, and he said he ran 4-5 miles a day, 4 days a week, with one big 9-mile run each week. Hope that helps!

Meg said...

Thanks, Lisa! That sounds great. If it's good enough for Bob, it's certainly good enough for me. :)

Oh, Alison, you'll always be my favorite stoic anti-American-Idol-person (I know there's a cleverer way to write that but it's early). Bon Jovi was the guest star on AI this week. :) :) :)

Meg said...

Staunch, I think I meant "staunch" rather than "stoic."

Staunch American Idol Tory? This is going to bug me. :) :) :)

Also! Update! Lucy had dry underwears this morning!! (I did have to help her sit on the potty at 10pm and at 2:30am because she woke up and wanted to go... I think she was SO excited.) Are we really completely done with diapers?!?

Ellie said...

Are you really going to be in town the weekend of the 18th?? I have a vball tourney that Saturday and maybe you'd like to watch. I had a good run yesterday too! I think we might actually finish this dang race.

Meg said...

Oui, El, we will be there! I am dying to see this team you play on!! Well, mostly to see you but it's all part and parcel. Yeah! We have no Saturday plans so let me know when and where. Sweet!

eagle feeder said...

There are many different programs out there. Here is a pretty good one to folllow. The key is to not get burned-out and/or injured. It's also a good idea to change your route from time to time.

http://www.halhigdon.com/15Ktraining/15Knovsch.htm