My online journal.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I keep my pants up with a piece of twine

Grandpa "Googly-goo" Ryan is up this week, playing super-nanny to his favorite granddaughter. I can see why celebrities feel like they can't live without live-in nannies -- it is AWFULLY nice to have someone around of whom you don't expect anything except to entertain the baby. Whoa, that was some nasty syntax.

Joel and I were able to catch a movie last night (YESS!!) -- Walk the Line. It was good. Really good. But maybe a little long? And not exactly action-packed? But I really like Johnny Cash's voice. Or rather, Joaquin Phoenix DOING Johnny Cash's voice. Yum.
(Aside to Joel: Agent John Doggett! That's who it is.)

Had my 30-week checkup this morning and all is well there, too. I've gained 6 more pounds (17 or 26 total, depending where you're starting from), BP and baby's heart are all good. My doc is a doll and she cheerfully signed my cord-blood donation form and answered my silly questions. She always knows just what to tell me to make me stop worrying. Love her.

3 comments:

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Aw, you're lucky you can do cord donation! We were all ready to do it, but it turns out our hospital only works with two cord blood collection agencies, and neither of them are donation places, only "pay to store it" places. :( Apparently they've had trouble in the past with the collection kits not being sterile from other places, and, being a hospital, they're picky about that kind of thing. Good for you, though!

And my gosh, I can't believe you're already 30 weeks!!!!!!!!! You're pregnancy has gone faster for me than my own has! (Although that's not hard when your own seems to have ground to a halt.)

-Alison

PegJohn said...

meg-
we posted our logical evaluations of your upcoming birth of Gus. please add them to the pool. What am I going to win when my predictions become true?!?! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!

P & J

Rebecca said...

Hey Meg--I posted a comment to your GUs Baby Pool awhile ago---my predictions and all...check it out sometime!